logo
Please support our Sponsors!
Wild Wings Taxidermy
J&S Migrators
Vertical Descent Outdoors
Click here to Contact us!
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

62 Pages«<606162
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
preachermantom  
#1221 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:20:49 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Are you clean?

Matthew 23:25

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and the plate, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.”

I am subbing today at a local middle school and the kids have an assignment to describe what this saying means…”Clean your finger, before you point at my spots.” That is basically what the verse above is talking about isn’t it?

We have a job to do in helping others in their walk with the Lord in allowing way, but the the bigger job we have is taking care of our own walk with the Lord and being sure our lives are being lived as clean and pure as we possibly can through the power of the Holy Spirit that lives inside those who have given their lives to Jesus.

For those who have not given their lives to Jesus, you do not have the power to live a pure and clean life….so give Jesus a try and be clean through His shed blood!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1222 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 10:11:14 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

You need the MILK!

1 Peter 2:2
2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,

Once again my brothers and sisters, God is telling us here that we need His Word! It should be a desire of ours. If a baby doesn’t get his milk he is upset and hungry! We should be the same way about the bible, our guide book for life!

A baby can not grow without the milk and the same is for us without the Word….we can not grow in our relationship with God and we can not grow in our Christlikeness in which we are called too!

We need the milk…let’s get into the Word daily and GROW!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1223 Posted : Monday, December 04, 2017 10:35:38 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Are you a good friend, brother, and sister?

Proverbs 17:17
17 A friend loves at all times,
And a brother is born for adversity.

As followers of Jesus it should be automatic that we are friends until the end and love our friends even in tough times.

Also as brothers and sisters in Christ we must be there for one another. That is what family does! I am grateful for the churches I have been able to serve in and attend in my life. Many great friendships have been made for a lifetime! No matter how far apart we may be I always know they are there if I need them! That is what love is all about!

So are you a good friend, brother, and sister in Christ?

Tom
preachermantom  
#1224 Posted : Tuesday, December 05, 2017 8:13:23 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

To live is Christ!

As a follower of Jesus, do you hesitate to say this?

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Jesus gave His life for our sins, and now if we surrender our lives to Him, our lives should be all about following Jesus and doing what He has taught us through His Word.

We also should know this earth is not our home….heaven is! So when death comes it is gain not loss! Praise the Lord!

As followers of Jesus we should never hesitate to live for Jesus!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1225 Posted : Wednesday, December 06, 2017 8:17:39 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

I lack nothing!

Psalm 23:1

1The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.

I love this verse! For the follower of Jesus it says so much! As the Shepherd of my life, He provides and I have no need (want). It is that simple! Sure there are things I would like for my own pleasures but as far as needs I have none!!!

Of course the biggest need for all is salvation and God provides that as a free gift through His Son Jesus Christ! So if you have not filled that need call upon Him today!!!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1226 Posted : Friday, December 08, 2017 7:17:00 PM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Only way to make sense of this world!

Most days the Lord lays a message on my heart right away for a devotion and well other days I may get nothing or late in the day, like today, something will just hit me and here it is:

"It is Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ alone, who makes sense out of everything in this world." AW Tozer

It is plain and simple and true. If you look at life any other way than through Jesus, it will not make sense because God made us to be filled by Himself only! All else will not satisfy or make sense!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1227 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 8:18:05 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Are you worn out yet?

Matthew 11:28
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Well the Holidays are upon us. Thanksgiving just went by and Christmas is upon us. We run, run, and run. Have to get the shopping done. Have to get the food prepared. Have to see all the relatives….and then BAM! It is clean up time! Get the tree down, get kids prepared to go back to school, get ready to go back to work if you ever had any time off to begin with! Wow I am worn out just thinking about it.

It seems we miss the whole point of Christmas….Jesus!

So slow down! Cut a few things out and come to Jesus. Give it all to Him and take time to worship Him and enjoy what He has done for you….provided salvation!

Don’t go away from Jesus with busyness, come to Jesus with worship!

Tom