logo
Click here to Contact us!
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

64 Pages«<626364
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
preachermantom  
#1261 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 8:06:46 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 117 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Give faithfully to God

Tithing and giving an offering to the Lord is really quit simple. It is our greed and selfishness that usually gets in the way!

Proverbs 3:9-10

9 Honor the Lord with your possessions,
And with the firstfruits of all your increase;

10 So your barns will be filled with plenty,
And your vats will overflow with new wine.

God loans us everything we have. EVERYTHING! We are to use what He gives us for His glory and His honor and to survive on this earth He has asked us to take care of.

So when you get paid you are to give a portion to God. Every time not just when you think you can spare a nickel. When you are faithful in giving what God has given you back to Him, He then blesses you even more.

Remember you can not outlive God! So be faithful in giving and obeying Him!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1262 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 7:25:09 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Is this truly you?

I believe we often need to evaluate ourselves as followers of Jesus. Here is a statement from Jesus we must make a reality in our lives. Is it for you?

Matthew 22:37
37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’

Is Jesus all of this to you? Or is your job more important? Or your kids. Or your spouse. Or money. Or your hobby? It does not take one very long to answer this question because in our hearts we know who or what is #1 and if it is not Jesus we better make some adjustments quickly! Where ever your time, energy, and money is spent is a good indication of who or what you love most!

Let’s take time and evaluate ourselves and make sure we are loving and serving God like He deserves!

Tom
thanks 1 user thanked preachermantom for this useful post.
preachermantom  
#1263 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 2:49:27 PM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Thank God for brothers and sisters in Christ!

I am so thankful for my brothers and sisters that have joined me in the following of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. I do not know what I would do with out them!

2 Thessalonians 1:3

3 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is fitting, because your faith grows exceedingly, and the love of every one of you all abounds toward each other,

We are to be examples to the world and if we can not love one another then we are not doing what Jesus told us to do!

John 13:34-35
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Do you love your brothers and sisters in Christ? For the church to function properly it is not an option. Put differences and pride behind us and love, serve, and pray for one another! The world will see this and want the love of Christ for themselves!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1264 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 9:01:49 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

God’s Got my back!

As loved child of the Lord, I can rest in the fact everyday that God has my back!

Deuteronomy 33:12
12 Of Benjamin he said:
“The beloved of the Lord shall dwell in safety by Him,
Who shelters him all the day long;
And he shall dwell between His shoulders.”

Live your life for Jesus and know He is with you all the day long. That is stress relief my friends that nothing els can provide! Thank you Jesus for your great love!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1265 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 9:19:33 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Are You working?

Jesus set the example for us:

John 5:17
17 But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.”

As long as Jesus was on this earth, He was working. What was He doing? Loving people, meeting the needs of the people, and providing salvation by giving His life for all who will follow Him.

So what are we to be doing? Loving people, meeting the needs of others, and sharing the gospel for folks to get salvation through Jesus.

Let’s get to work to glorify our awesome God!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1266 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 11:24:01 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Pray my friends, PRAY!

If you are a follower of Jesus Christ, then we must pray. There is so much to pray for….the lost, the hurting, the sick, marriage, our nation, The Leaders of our country, the world, and you fill in the ________.

James 5:16b
16b The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

Only God can heal our nation but He demands obedience and worship of himself. Until that happens healing will not happen!

PRAY!

Tom
thanks 1 user thanked preachermantom for this useful post.
preachermantom  
#1267 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 5:44:21 PM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Lost A Great Man Of God

Billy Graham who was a great example of a follower of Jesus. He was 99 years old! As far as I know He was never involved in a major controversy and lived a blameless life as we are all called to do as followers of the Lord.

Can you imagine the celebration in heaven as God as God welcomed home His faithful servant???? Oh, I can only imagine!

Billy proclaimed Jesus faithfully to millions and millions! Thus many came to Jesus through his proclamation of the gospel.

Let us celebrate His life this day and also follow His example and bring others the good news of Jesus! Thank You Billy Graham for your awesome example to us. Rest in peace brother!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1268 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 5:42:00 PM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Thankful for My Ransom

Mark 10:45 For the Son of Man also came not to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

Jesus is my Ransom! Is He yours? If you want eternal life in heaven it is a must! No other way leads to heaven but through the shed blood of Jesus to pay our sin ransom!!! Thank you Jesus!!!!

Notice, He also came to serve and He expects us to serve others and give our lives for others. It may not be our life as in death, although it could be, it may just mean to give up your time for others!!! Are you willing???

Praise God for your Ransom!!!! Amen????

Tom