logo
Please support our Sponsors!
Wild Wings Taxidermy
J&S Migrators
Vertical Descent Outdoors
Click here to Contact us!
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
collin222  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:00:29 PM(UTC)
collin222

Groups: Registered

I had the pleasure of meeting Chester Mathias twenty odd years ago when my then girlfriend, now wife, bought me one of his calls for a gift. Living in Mt. Juliet, I stopped by his house a few times over the years and had him tune it for me. He was always great and willing to teach me how to work the thing. Anyway here's the deal. I've recently obtained a box of older wooden calls from a friend whose husband hunted the Hck regularly. I did not know him and he passed away last year. One of the calls is built similar to my old crackling mallard II and I was wondering if anybody could tell me if Chester made a few calls before he came up with the Crackling Mallard deal. Call is not for sale and I'm just curious. This call has the same reed system and the round part on the stopper. Appears to be Walnut? Let me know what you think and thanks for any help you can provide. I will be posting some pics when I figure out how. If you want pictures before I can get them on here, let me know and I'll text them.