logo
Please support our Sponsors!
Wild Wings Taxidermy
J&S Migrators
Vertical Descent Outdoors
Click here to Contact us!
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<5678>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
OrionHunter  
#121 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2014 11:19:58 AM(UTC)
OrionHunter

Groups: Registered

My name is Kyle. I recently move to Millington from Hawaii (Navy) and I just completed my first season here in TN. I'm married, no kids, shoot a Nova and have a Brittany Spaniel (10 months old). I'm new to calling and have been practicing on an Echo Diamond Wood Poly Timber.
pschie1  
#122 Posted : Thursday, August 07, 2014 8:25:17 PM(UTC)
pschie1

Man
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
My name is Pat. I got married and moved to Nashville (from Louisiana) a little over a year ago. I've only scouted Cheatham lake a couple times last year. I have a yellow lab, but she's only got about 6 months left in her. My gun is a benelli nova and my favorite call is haydel's carbon kwacker.

Edited by user Thursday, August 07, 2014 8:26:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SteveInTN  
#123 Posted : Thursday, August 07, 2014 8:35:31 PM(UTC)
SteveInTN

Groups: Administrators
Man
United States

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 105 post(s)
Welcome aboard!!! Can't believe it has been six months since a new member introduced themselves?!?
Radny34  
#124 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2014 8:26:02 PM(UTC)
Radny34

Man
United States

My name is Walter. I live in east Tennessee (Knoxville). I am married to my high school sweetheart, we have two dogs a cat, a snake, a pig, and a rabbit. I have not got to do much hunting since moving here from Florida, but the little hunting I have done has been on public WMA property. I shoot a Winchester SX3, and since relocating I now have to learn to call. In Florida my buddies did the calling so I never picked it up. I have a black lab that dove hunts with me but doesn't do much duck hunting. I work for Southeastern Freight Lines as a supervisor on the dock.
jvducker  
#125 Posted : Monday, November 03, 2014 12:44:25 PM(UTC)
jvducker

United States

Hey yall I'm Aidan I've been duck hunting for three years but I've been deer hunting since birth. I live outside of chattanooga. I mostly hunt in my area and northern alabama. I'm 16 years old and I use my remington 870 magnum.
Ryan Fisher  
#126 Posted : Saturday, November 08, 2014 7:46:47 PM(UTC)
Ryan Fisher

Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Where you live - Grew up in Dresden TN, Lived in Nashville for 7 Years, now the last three years I've been in Southwest Montana from March - October, then head back to West TN for Duck Season
Where you hunt - North Forked Deer River, Hickman KY, Reelfoot,
What kind of gun - Used to Benelli, Now Beretta 3901
What kind of calls ON YOUR LANYARD - JJ Lares & Chien Caille
What kind of dog - Go-Devil she eats gas
What you do - Fishing guide in the summer
waterwack  
#127 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 10:39:27 AM(UTC)
waterwack

United States

Kyle, married, bun in the oven. Moved to Williamson Co, originally from Tallahassee, Florida.

will be learning the Tn river and Cheatham lake this year. in the past i hunted Lake Seminole, Fl gulf coast, and private lands

shoot a versamax and stoeger m2000

RNT calls

10month old yellow lab

Firefighter
rkhodges21  
#128 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 1:49:52 PM(UTC)
rkhodges21

Man
United States

Hi.

My name is Kurt. I have been registered for a few years but rarely frequented the site until now. I just moved back in April near White House with my wife, 3 y.o. daughter, and 2.5 month old son from Hopkinsville, KY where we lived for 2 years. I will mainly hunt Cheatham, but I have hunted Old Hickory a couple times back in 2008-09. I am a project manager for a supplier of municipal water/ wastewater equipment and pumps in Nashville. My go-to gun is a Benelli Nova, but I also have an 870 Wingmaster. I have a female black lab, and I carry a Quackhead duck and goose call, as well as a drake mallard call. I still have a lot to learn about duck hunting, so I am hoping to pick up a thing or two from this site.

Edited by user Thursday, November 20, 2014 1:51:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

EHenley  
#129 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 9:38:32 PM(UTC)
EHenley

United States

Where you live Kingsport TN
Where you hunt Kingston TN, Camden TN (friend drew a blind there
What kind of gun SX3 Hybrid
What kind of calls ON YOUR LANYARD (don't want you to list them ALL!!) Xciters
What kind of dog German Shepard (no duck dog until she moves on to the prarie in the sky)
What you do Operations Manager for Chemical Transportation CO Transport Service CO

Been hovering for a while figured i would finally join up

Erik from Kingsport TN.... been hunting for 30 years ... Fly Fishing and like to rock climb. I have a 2.5 year old daughter and we love being outdoors.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 26, 2014 9:58:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TimberMan  
#130 Posted : Sunday, December 07, 2014 5:30:12 PM(UTC)
TimberMan

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
West TN, shoot Remington 870. I hunt everywhere, but I prefer standing timber. I been doing this stuff a while and I keep getting told I'll get tired of it. But it gets worse each year. Always looking to extend my season one way or another.
versa_maximus  
#131 Posted : Thursday, December 25, 2014 4:22:06 AM(UTC)
versa_maximus

Man
United States

My name is Dylan, currently no wife or kids, I live in Yuma. I hunt all over but mostly around camden big sandy area and every now and then SE MO . I shoot a remington versa max, call I use is RNT alpha 2, no dog and I work for kelloggs making pringles.
Rich.Kissell  
#132 Posted : Sunday, January 04, 2015 3:31:48 PM(UTC)
Rich.Kissell

United States

My name is Rich. Married with 3 grown kids and 4 grandkids.
Where you live: Maryville, TN
Where you hunt: Blount, Knox, Monroe, Loudon Counties, lakes, rivers, & ponds, Tellico Lake & Ft. Loudon Lake mostly
What kind of gun: Binelli SBE orig
What kind of calls ON YOUR LANYARD (don't want you to list them ALL!!) Olt #66 duck, Big River Goose flute, whistle, et al
What kind of dog: no dog - hunting friend has a golden lab and a chocolate lab pup
What you do: retired in spring of 2014 from Alcoa aluminum - electrical engineer

Misc.: started duck hunting at Put-in-Bay, Ohio on South Bass Island in Lake Erie when in high school. We had a school gun club back then BigGrin .
callemquacktn  
#133 Posted : Monday, January 05, 2015 9:13:30 AM(UTC)
callemquacktn

Man
United States

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Welcome guys!
AudereEstFacere  
#134 Posted : Thursday, January 08, 2015 12:24:15 PM(UTC)
AudereEstFacere

United States

Where you live: Nashville
Where you hunt: Old Hickory (25 years strong)
What kind of gun: 12 ga 870. I keep it basic.
What kind of calls ON YOUR LANYARD: E.Stofer Bean Lake, Heavy Duty, Buck Gardner Timber, Simmons
What kind of dog: Jack Russell (needless to say, he does not go duck hunting).
What you do: Environmental engineering and part-time fitness instructor (let the gay jokes commence)

Edited by user Thursday, January 08, 2015 12:26:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ALynn  
#135 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 11:14:51 AM(UTC)
ALynn

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

My name is Albert, I live in Maury County. Wife of 12 years, son 6, daughter 4. I hunt deer and turkey on my farm, but have to drive for ducks. That drive is mostly KY lake, as south as the refuge line to as north as Sulpher creek. At least once a year I screw up and go to Shelton's Ferry. I'm two years into an abusive relationship with a Stoger 3500. My OLD 835 still gets to go as back up/ paddle. I know that even though I fell in love with the Robertsons' before A&E, I know how my lanyard may look/sound. DC triple threat, original commander, drake gadwall. Promos whistle with roller thing. Haydell gadwall hen, goose call. That's the usuall calls. No dog, Hopeing for an American Teenager one day!(that's your teenage kid😉) I'm a firefighter and an AEMT(advanced emergency medical tech) seen a lot in 9 years fire 12 EMT. My cousin talked me into going duck hunting with him, we have fun with whatever were doing so... After I killed those first to buffle heads it was like crystal meth 😳😃! Although he said I got everything you need, just bring; waders, gun, ammo, license. Since then I've bought another gun, LOTS of ammo, two truckloads of decoys, second boat, bags, gadgets, gizmos, etc. most of which don't get used every trip! The only thing that comes close to duck season is getting ready for duck season.
thanks 1 user thanked ALynn for this useful post.
FinsNFeathers  
#136 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:26:34 PM(UTC)
FinsNFeathers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello all. I am just getting back into duck hunting this year after duck hunting in college (5 years ago). I have missed it and talk continously about it with my wife. I have been extremely glad to get back into shooting some ducks this year. Live in Wartrace, Tennessee and currently primarily hunt there; anticipate getting back out to some middle/west TN WMAs next year.

Other hobbies include fly fishing for trout primarily in east Tennessee and fly tying. Work as a banker

I look forward to continuing to learn here and contributing as well.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:19:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

tngunsmoke  
#137 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2015 2:24:53 PM(UTC)
tngunsmoke

United States

Howdy, I'm Steve. I live near Jackson TN, I hunt wherever I can(Reelfoot if we draw, The Hatchie, TN River, wherever), No dog at the moment, I shoot an SX3, and mostly use Haydel calls. I work as an IT service tech, doing PC repair. 3 kids, 18m, 23f, 24f.
Sunny the Duck Hunter  
#138 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2015 6:26:04 PM(UTC)
Sunny the Duck Hunter

Man
United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I just had to say hello since I was watching Gunsmoke when I noticed your post. Welcome.
lvquackersmacker  
#139 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2015 1:59:39 PM(UTC)
lvquackersmacker

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
My name is Ben. I'm married with one kid. I live in Chattanooga. I mostly hunt NE Arkansas, shoot A5, calls are Xciter and Echo, 2 dogs (1 blk lab, 1 pocket retriever yorkie).
psubuzz  
#140 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 10:38:04 AM(UTC)
psubuzz

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
My name is Chris and I just moved to Knoxville from Maryland. I have hunted the Atlantic flyway from NY to Florida since 03. I just purchased a TN license and haven't gotten out to hunt yet but have been scouting public waters from Norris lake down to Tellico lake. I shoot my SX3 mostly. Duck calls are RM custom,echo and buck gardner. Goose are zink, grounds, and black timber. Have a black lab but he doesnt hunt. I used to run the landscape contract at Arlington National Cemetery for the last 4 years before we moved, but I am currently looking for work here in TN. And if anyone is looking for some company, I don't know anyone here except my wife, so I'm looking to find some friends to share some sunrises with!