logo
Please support our Sponsors!
Wild Wings Taxidermy
J&S Migrators
Vertical Descent Outdoors
Click here to Contact us!
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<45678>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Quackdaddy  
#101 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 9:25:15 AM(UTC)
Quackdaddy

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 53 post(s)
It seems I missed this part of the site somehow but my name is Joseph Simpson. I live in ashland city with my wife and son. I hunt Cheatham primarily and hunt Camden when I get the invite. I shoot a mossberg 835 and calls are my tru tone drop zone 2 and zink money maker. I work for Tennessee Tile and Marble in Nashville. I've duck hunted for 4 years now and get more addicted every time I go
feather addict1  
#102 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 10:22:34 PM(UTC)
feather addict1

United States

Hey guys, love the site. I browse it from time to time and finally joined even though I'm from Alabama. My name is Trey, I'm from Fort Payne Alabama. I've been duck hunting roughly 12 years and I am very thankful I have done a fair amount of hunting up around Dyersburg/Miston. I have a few friends in the Lexington area, in fact I hunted with em this past weekend. One is a member on here but I'm not sure about the other two. Anyway, I blow an echo double reed, a hobo icu2 and sometimes a custom made brass reed. I also do a little bit of comp. calling in the off season. Shoot a Beretta es100, I had a british lab for several years but he sadly got run over last year. I am a part time college student and full time golf course manager. I love yalls state and hopefully I'll be able to come back up and hunt before the season goes out!
Tater Salad  
#103 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:18:43 PM(UTC)
Tater Salad

Groups: Registered, Moderators
Man
United States

Was thanked: 256 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Originally Posted by: feather addict1 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys, love the site. I browse it from time to time and finally joined even though I'm from Alabama. My name is Trey, I'm from Fort Payne Alabama. I've been duck hunting roughly 12 years and I am very thankful I have done a fair amount of hunting up around Dyersburg/Miston. I have a few friends in the Lexington area, in fact I hunted with em this past weekend. One is a member on here but I'm not sure about the other two. Anyway, I blow an echo double reed, a hobo icu2 and sometimes a custom made brass reed. I also do a little bit of comp. calling in the off season. Shoot a Beretta es100, I had a british lab for several years but he sadly got run over last year. I am a part time college student and full time golf course manager. I love yalls state and hopefully I'll be able to come back up and hunt before the season goes out!

Can't have no Alabama boys on here!!! JK. Welcome aboard.
Bhurt2  
#104 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:10:13 AM(UTC)
Bhurt2

United States

Im Brandon, i live in Portland with my wife and we are expecting any day now, im new to duck hunting so not to much to talk about with me and that, I shoot an 870, i have just a few calls and only a dozen or so decoy with no dog, I am a Dental Hygienist by day, and a sponge for duck hunting at night! Drool

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:11:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mr. Tigrett  
#105 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 10:18:44 AM(UTC)
Mr. Tigrett

My name is Howard, but all my buddies call me Ed. I live in Trenton, TN. I am 31 years old, married and have two children. A hunt with my go-to dog Rampart. I have been hunting ducks since I was 12, and have just about every species I have killed mounted in my man cave. A good friend of mine introduced me to this site, and I figured I would join and meet some of you guys in my area.
ontodd  
#106 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:12:40 PM(UTC)
ontodd

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey, I've been watching for a while, and finally joined. Spent last week on Reelfoot, and can't wait ten months. I live in Smyrna, born and raised in Tuscaloosa. Married, 3 kids, CRNA. Ithaca 37 12 ga. As old as I am., rem 700, ruger p89.
ontodd  
#107 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:22:46 PM(UTC)
ontodd

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey, I've been watching for a while, and finally joined. Spent last week on Reelfoot, and can't wait ten months. I live in Smyrna, born and raised in Tuscaloosa. Married, 3 kids, CRNA. Ithaca 37 12 ga. As old as I am., rem 700, ruger p89.
duck_reb  
#108 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:17:36 AM(UTC)
duck_reb

United States

Been lurking all season, decided to jump in today. My name is Ty, and I live in NW MS. I hunt in Tunica and Southern Illinois(family) mostly, but I do make the occasional trip to Reelfoot. I also love to hunt pheasant. We make a trip to western Kansas every year for that. I shoot a Browning A-5 Belgian model that's older than me and a Remington 1100. My new hunting buddy is my 8-year old who started this year. Santa brought him a youth model H&R 20ga. for Christmas. He kept complaining that he was having trouble downing pheasants and ducks with his BB gun. My favorite call is one I got for joining DU 15+ years ago, have no idea it's make or model. My black lab turns 13 this spring and he doesn't hunt anymore. Also have a GSP that is great in the field, but hates water. I work in west TN(Fayette and Hardeman counties) and would like to find more places to hunt there.
ROAMPOV  
#109 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:23:29 AM(UTC)
ROAMPOV

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hey new to this forum. I live in Spring Creek, TN and hunt all around that area. I've been duck hunting for around 5 years now and am completely hooked. I hunt just about everything I can in the area - deer, ducks, squirrels, turkey, but these past couple years have really gotten into crow hunting and have gotten hooked on that too, it's always a blast. I shoot a Benelli Nova. This year myself and a hunting buddy have gotten started doing hunting videos and it's been awesome catching everything on camera. I'll post some of those in another section.
Tater Salad  
#110 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 2:33:12 PM(UTC)
Tater Salad

Man
United States

Welcome guys.
CaliMuldeer  
#111 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 1:10:40 PM(UTC)
CaliMuldeer

Woman
United States

My names Caity, 23, I'm moving to Jackson, Tennessee in August from Santa Cruz, California. Joined the sight/forum becuase I hunt all the time out here in Cali but don't know where to go or whats good out in TN. Completely new to the area, I don't know anywhere or anyone, aside from my family (aunt, uncle and two little cousins 8 and 3). I have a remington 870 that I use for my fowl and upland, looking into a benelli nova, or m2 before I make the move out there. I also shoot a savage axis 308, and remington700 30-06 for my big game. Do mostly hog hunting out here cuz its year round. Also deer, pheasant, dove, and quail hunt. Just started duck hunting 2 years ago, love it! Not married, no kids. Closest thing I have to children is my dog, shes a 9 month old catahoula plott mix with extreme puppy energy. The plan was to get her for pig hunting, but took her pheasant/quail hunting and she flushed just fine and isn't gun shy at all :) I will be attending Jackson community college and studying buisness agriculture. For work I currently sell firearms at an outdoor store here in Cali. Gotta start looking for jobs out there pretty soon though!
tweeter  
#112 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 1:18:45 PM(UTC)
tweeter

Man
United States

Was thanked: 131 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CaliMuldeer Go to Quoted Post
My names Caity, 23, I'm moving to Jackson, Tennessee in August from Santa Cruz, California. Joined the sight/forum becuase I hunt all the time out here in Cali but don't know where to go or whats good out in TN. Completely new to the area, I don't know anywhere or anyone, aside from my family (aunt, uncle and two little cousins 8 and 3). I have a remington 870 that I use for my fowl and upland, looking into a benelli nova, or m2 before I make the move out there. I also shoot a savage axis 308, and remington700 30-06 for my big game. Do mostly hog hunting out here cuz its year round. Also deer, pheasant, dove, and quail hunt. Just started duck hunting 2 years ago, love it! Not married, no kids. Closest thing I have to children is my dog, shes a 9 month old catahoula plott mix with extreme puppy energy. The plan was to get her for pig hunting, but took her pheasant/quail hunting and she flushed just fine and isn't gun shy at all :) I will be attending Jackson community college and studying buisness agriculture. For work I currently sell firearms at an outdoor store here in Cali. Gotta start looking for jobs out there pretty soon though!

Welcome!ThumpUp
thanks 1 user thanked tweeter for this useful post.
tweeterswife  
#113 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 9:40:28 PM(UTC)
tweeterswife

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I am Ashley. I'm married to Jarrod (aka Tweeter). We have 2 beautiful little girls (ages 6 and 3), 7 dogs (3 walker coon hounds, a beagle, a black lab, a feist, and a Heidi dog), and a baby snapping turtle appropriately named "Snap"
I've enjoyed building the outdoor ministry program at our church along side my husband these past 2 years. So, I bought my sportsman's license this year and now am avidly in love with turkey hunting. I hope to fall just as much in love with duck hunting this fall.

Where you live: Murfreesboro, TN (My husband would argue that we technically live in Almaville...)
Where you hunt: Where ever my husband drags me to...
What kind of gun: Benelli Nova 20 ga
What kind of calls ON YOUR LANYARD: I'm not allowed to call... :-/
What kind of dog: See above
What you do: I own Mommy Maid Service and GloryJayne's Giftery, am a full time mommy, Sunday School teacher, Public Relations Director at Center of Hope Christian Church, choir member, and go to college full time majoring in Public Relations and Communications and minoring in Christian Ministries.
thanks 2 users thanked tweeterswife for this useful post.
Tater Salad  
#114 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 7:00:23 PM(UTC)
Tater Salad

Man
United States

Welcome Mrs. Tweeter. It's good to see you actually do exist.
ccovey  
#115 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:22:28 PM(UTC)
ccovey

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey guys new to the area, live in Nashville, TN and come from Washington St. It has been quite the culture shock so far haha! Don't know where I hunt yet, hoping find some great places soon to duck and deer hunt! I shoot a left handed Benelli M1. I have two cheapie duck calls and a cheapie goose call, though I hope to get an Olt this year (or what ever company they are now). I have a male black lab but he was just diagnosed with hip dypslasia so not positive how long he has left. I am currently unemployed as we moved here for my wife to work at the zoo but I am a web developer.

I really hope to get to meet some of you guys in the future. I just got my hunter/fishing license today so I am ready to get out and find some good fishing and hunting spots.
Yosef  
#116 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 11:08:48 AM(UTC)
Yosef

United States

Hey all-

I just started watching Duck Dynasty last year, and it looked awesome, so I decided to start duck hunting. One of my friends took me to Arkansas on a trip last winter and we killed a limit of Green Heads everyday. I'm really looking forward to hunting more this year. I bought a lab puppy last year, so he should be ready to hunt by this season. He doesn't like cold water very much though, so hopefully he'll adjust by this winter. I wasn't too sure about calls, so I just bought one of all the duck commander calls, and figured I would cover my bases like that. Still not great at the feed call... they make it look so easy on tv. Anyway, I just moved to Nashville, and would love for people that know the area to tell me what the best area's to hunt are. GPS coordinates would be great, so I don't have to waste any time finding places on my own. Also, if you have a really good blind, and wouldn't mind sharing it, let me know... I can bring my dog to retrieve our ducks. Look forward to meeting some of ya'll.

BigSprig  
#117 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:19:03 PM(UTC)
BigSprig

United States

My name is Jeremy Kristofferson Grant III, but you can just call me Kris. I live in Nashville, well Brentwood actually. I just graduated in the last couple years from Sewanee and kind of floating around looking for a new place to call home. Luckily, my mom and dad are still around to support me which means I have gotten to hunt in Alaska, Argentina, SK and ND - all in the past year... guess that makes me an avid duck hunter. I have two guns I like to slay ducks with, SBII and a new A400. I have all Zink and Echo calls, but I am no where near a master of it. I have a Boykin spaniel named Drake and a black lab named Peyton. As far as work goes, I intern for my dad's pharmaceutical company from time to time, but havent nailed down anything steady yet. Looking forward to hunting some of our local TN waters with you guys!
QuackDealer  
#118 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 5:19:58 PM(UTC)
QuackDealer

United States

Name is Kyle. Just moved to West TN. a few months ago so my wife could be closer to her family. I have hunted ducks from Louisiana to Wyoming. I shoot a Beretta Montefeltro and of course I have "ole trusty" my 870. My favorite call might be my Lohman that my grandad gave me. I have a 3 year old female black Lab. Her name is Charlie. I work in the oil field.

Tater Salad  
#119 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 12:05:58 PM(UTC)
Tater Salad

Man
United States

Welcome back Sully, well, Engine2c.
Duckin22  
#120 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2013 3:49:40 PM(UTC)
Duckin22

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My name is Anthony I have been a guest on this site since 2012 I have learned a lot of useful things on here so I decided to join have already found a new hunting buddy on here. I have 2 boys 2yr old and a 4 yr old. I have many calls but usually bring 2 being my Glynn scobey goose call and my rnt duck call I live in lexington, tn and hunt whiteoak wma, when I can't hunt my private holes on the forked deer river in pinson. Should have plenty water now. But I work construction and self employed Not married either so I can hunt when I want. Love to kill those ducks....thanks