logo
Please support our Sponsors!
Wild Wings Taxidermy
J&S Migrators
Vertical Descent Outdoors
Click here to Contact us!
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SteveInTN  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:11:29 PM(UTC)
SteveInTN

Groups: Administrators
Man
United States

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 105 post(s)
One of the things that really stinks about changing our forum software is the loss of the "history" from the old forums. We should have made this move a few years ago. One of the most popular Topics on the old board was the "Member Intro Thread". Let's start it up here!

All new members, which I guess that technically means all of us, need to post up here and give a little bit of info on themselves.

Where you live
Where you hunt
What kind of gun
What kind of calls ON YOUR LANYARD (don't want you to list them ALL!!)
What kind of dog
What you do

etc
etc

Edited by user Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:29:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SteveInTN  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:14:47 PM(UTC)
SteveInTN

Groups: Administrators
Man
United States

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 105 post(s)
Once again, I'll start it out...

I live in Murfreesboro with my girlfriend, my four kids, her two kids, and our four dogs! Two little beaner dogs and two labs. Since I have four kids, a full time job, and a bunch of web sites, I don't have a lot of time to hunt. But when I can, I can typically be found in SEMO or NE Arkansas. I hunt with my 1187 and this year a Beretta A400 Extreme.
thanks 3 users thanked SteveInTN for this useful post.
hrosik123  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:19:50 PM(UTC)
hrosik123

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 44 post(s)
My name is Chuck and I live in Erin. I'm not married and my only child is my 3 year old French Brittany named K-Cee. I hunt where ever I can and shoot whatever gun jumps out at me when I open the safe. I work in construction.
J.Rawls  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:28:01 PM(UTC)
J.Rawls

Man
United States

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Hey all I was GHH on the old forum...I'm from Paris and hunt Big Sandy, Gin Creek, Springville bottoms as well as the river. I tend to travel to SEMO several times a season as well to middle TN on a goose hunt or 2. I shoot a SuperX2 and have a good ol 870 as my backup. On the lanyard I currently have a Zink Moneymaker goose call, a Primos Duck's Unlimited Wench, a DR-85 and some cheep ol whistle that I got at a DU banquet back when I first started this obsession 13 yrs ago. No pup except for my beagle who rides shotgun in the truck and gives me the "You're gettin up this early look?" when I get up to go chase the feathered beasts. Graduated from UTM with a degree in Wildlife Biology, not married yet and no kids.
JWT  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:51:52 PM(UTC)
JWT

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I live in Franklin, just South of Nashville. And will hunt wherever I can, mostly West TN, ie, Ky lake, BS, and Gin. Sometimes KY.
I shoot a Benelli M2 that I recently got and can't say enough good things about it.
On my lanyard ive got an Echo Meat Hanger, and a TIm Grounds Supermag. No dog, wish I did, but don't have the time.
Graduated from MTSU this past December, and have been job huntin ever since.
Flyfish37129  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:59:52 PM(UTC)
Flyfish37129

Man
United States

Was thanked: 287 time(s) in 243 post(s)
Greetings everyone.....

My name is Mike, I live in Murfreesboro, TN. and I love to hunt and fish. I have two kids (Katherine age 14 and Josh age 10)and a wife. We have a little brown (lab) dog that loves to retrieve and her running mate is a crazy beagle. I usually shoot a benelli nova(can't hit $ht), a BPS 10 and sometimes an 870 depending what mood I wake up in. My favorite call is a Rich N Tone for ducks and a Scobey for geese. I usually hunt a WMA around Middle Tennessee and jump over to West Tennessee when work allows. I'll even hunt a gar hole every now and then just to get away.

Sunny the Duck Hunter  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:21:25 PM(UTC)
Sunny the Duck Hunter

Man
United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I Live in Chattanooga. Mostly hunt in North Alabama, but I do go to BS blind drawings, and hope to hunt "out west" sometime. I shoot a couple of SX2s, 11-87 supermag for a back up. On my lanyard is a HOBO prime meat, home made gadwall, DC wood duck, 6 way whistle, and a rotating drop with whatever I might think I need. I have a chocolate lab that I trained myself (with some advice from the guy at the bait shop) his name is Gunnar and he picked up around 100 ducks and 10 geese this being his first year, along with assorted squirrels,crows, doves, and a rabbit. I am a carpenter. I love duck hunting and TNDUCKS.COM!

Edited by user Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:22:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

drakedog2012  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:24:25 PM(UTC)
drakedog2012

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
josh haines i live in kenton,tn. i have a black lab named drake that goes everywhere with me. i shot a benilli nova 12ga. my favorite call is my rnt microhen and zink money maker for geese. i hunt and fish Reelfoot
MarshCallUser  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:32:27 PM(UTC)
MarshCallUser

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
My name is Adam. I geew up in Pegram TN but live in Bowling Green KY, now. I hunt W TN, W KY, and Arkansas when I can. Workin on finding a couple of honey holes around my house. I graduated from WKU and work as a hearing,aid dispenser. My wife Martha and I have been married for 3 years and she understans what it is to be a hunters wife. (I'm a blessed man!) I run a JA Kolter, Dixieland, and C&S. I retired my Marsh metal reed, but am getting one from Scott Simmons very soon. There's nothing like the reelfoot ring of a metal reed. I shoot an 887 and like it, especially since my wife gave it to me.
Big_D  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:40:38 PM(UTC)
Big_D

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
My name is Dustin, I hunt in semo and in west tennessee. Shoot anything from a BPS 10 to a SBE II and a back up 870. Got a rnt macrohen and final flight call on my lanyard. No dog, got plenty of buddies to pick up my ducks. Graduated from UT Martin in December and work on a hog farm.
cooper_dex  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:48:28 PM(UTC)
cooper_dex

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Name is Ben. Lived in NW TN all my life and wouldnt trade it for anything. I shoot a browning silver which i just got this past season and also have a 870 as a back up. hunt the "foot" most of the time but am know to travel when times are hard. Got a choc lab whos name is cooper. he is three. originally was gonna be sent of to get trained but got sick so he is my house dog now. On the lanyard i got a Hayes Bad AZZ Duck and Zink Power Hen. I work in the agriculture industry.
inthebox30lbs  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:56:48 PM(UTC)
inthebox30lbs

My name is Scott and call Soddy Daisy TN home. I mainly hunt the Chattanooga area (the Chick, Nick). I have a real problem when it comes to guns buying and selling trying to find the right one. This year I have mainly hunted with a stoeger 2000, and a SAR auto 12 but have 6 other semi and pumps. I have enjoyed Haydel calls for years but am going to get into Darkwings for next year to support a local call maker. I have a BLM named walker who is 2.5 years old. I am training him myself and this year he retrieved around 60 birds and quite a few geese That not including coots. :) ) He has come along way after his first year lookin forward to next with him. I bred him this spring and have his daughter who is a 6 month old chocolate female, she is coming along great and cant wait to get her into the field this fall. I am a school teacher here in Hamiton county.
scott
fireslayer  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:08:31 PM(UTC)
fireslayer

Man
United States

Name is Lee. I live in Sumner County and have been here all of my life. Have a great wife and a "wired for sound" 2 yr old son. I mainly hunt "the hick" and a few other places when i can, and I shoot a SBE I and a trusty 870 Super Mag as a back up. My lanyard has primarily Zinc calls on it. Also I'm a firefighter.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:11:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Left out where I hunt. Oops

beaver02  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:14:32 PM(UTC)
beaver02

Man
Bermuda

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
From East Side Tellico Plains, TN

Use a beretta xtreama 2

have a dog but he doesnt hunt.

Im a pilot.
LivingWater  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:50:37 PM(UTC)
LivingWater

United States

Where you live
Where you hunt
What kind of gun
What kind of calls ON YOUR LANYARD (don't want you to list them ALL!!)
What kind of dog
What you do

My name is Bo, i live in Mt Juliet, TN. I hunt in Turrell, AR and various other wmas in Arkansas and Mississippi.

Gun Benelli SBE II

Primary Call RNT Timber

No dog as of yet

I am a flooring Contractor
Bgoodman3  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:51:24 PM(UTC)
Bgoodman3

United States

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 47 post(s)
My name is Brent.
I live with my wife in Brentwood.
I hunt mainly in West TN( Miston area), samburg, AR and even the infamous "hick" this season.
Using a Benelli Vinci with old 870 backup.
Lanyards always changing but now it's BG Brads reactor. Echo Timber, Hobo prime meat, BG spitfire and sure shot whistle.
Wife's dog is the size of a teal and not worth mention...
I own Menchie's frozen yogurt in Smyrna, TN and also a cat insurance adjuster.

UpperTully  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:06:40 PM(UTC)
UpperTully

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
My name is Kevin
I hunt anywhere there is water
I shoot a Browning A5, 835 and Winchester 1300
Calls I have are PS Olt, Echo, Buck Gardner and BSOD

Edited by user Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:59:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bmack0423  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:09:14 PM(UTC)
Bmack0423

Man
United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
My name is Billy. I live in Medina and hunt around the Mud Creek area between Trenton and Dyersburg in West Tennessee. I used to chase ducks all over the place but since having children I don't want to give them any stupid ideas like I had! I shoot a Browning Gold Hunter 10 gauge and an American Arms over and under. I blow RNT calls mostly a timbre. I have a yellow lab named Tee who I retired this year and also have a new young black lab named Bree who I look forward to hunting over next season. I work for a school system as a school administrator.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:10:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Duckdr  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:15:16 PM(UTC)
Duckdr

Man
United States

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Hey glad to see everyone making it over. Im Andy Live in Knoxville area hunt basically anywhere I can from the troubled east side to Ark. Shoot a SBE II. I blow an echo and a Jake Dawg. No dog as of yet. I work in a hospital and umpire baseball.
mallardhunter  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:22:23 PM(UTC)
mallardhunter

Man
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)
my name is danny. i am married. i live in camden, tennessee. i love all things outdoors with a passion for waterfowl. my children are grown and my sons and grandsons hunt with me often. i use remington shotguns........the 11-87sp i have had for years and this year purchased a new 11-87 magnum which i like very much. i hunt camden bottoms when i can draw a blind @#$%^ and the river in the j'ville area. i am a paramedic and have been for over 30 years now.

Edited by user Friday, February 24, 2012 10:57:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: add more info