logo
Please support our Sponsors!
Wild Wings Taxidermy
J&S Migrators
Vertical Descent Outdoors
Click here to Contact us!
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

62 Pages«<5859606162>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
preachermantom  
#1181 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 10:53:09 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Be on guard!

1 Corinthians 10:12-13
12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. 13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

The ole devil stays busy. We must stay on guard not to fall into his temptations he sends our way. How do we do that?

Read Word of God regularly.
Pray often.
Seek godly counsel and get their opinions on the situation at hand.
Realize you are not perfect only Jesus is!
Ask others to pray for you.
Be an active member in a bible believing church.
Seek to glorify God in all you say and do!

If we practice these things we can defeat the devil in all situations with the help of the Holy Spirit!

Be prepared and on guard for the devil is after those who do not belong to him!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1182 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 6:31:32 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Depart from the Crowd!

God tells us in His Word to be separate from the world (Crowd). So we often must ask ourselves if we are more like the world or more like Jesus? Thomas Kempis said this: “Anyone, then, who aims to live the inner and spiritual life must go apart, with Jesus, from the crowd.”

Going away from the crowd is often very difficult. They will make you feel like an outcast and even like you are wrong. But in reality when we follow Jesus we are right!!! Always! Remember Jesus tells us there are few who follow Him:

Matthew 7:13-14
13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Here are some other verses to think on:

2 Corinthians 6:17
17 Therefore “Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you.”

Romans 12:2
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

2 Corinthians 6:14
14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

So this day let us commit once again to being a light for Jesus amongst the darkness and not be caught up in the ways of the wrong crowd!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1183 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:30:57 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Do you like your cell?

I found this quote by Thomas Kempis very interesting: “Your cell will become dear to you if you remain in it, but if you do not, it will become wearisome. If in the beginning of your religious life, you live within your cell and keep to it, it will soon become a special friend and a very great comfort.”

I take from this quote out place of alone time with God. Our cell. Do you have a place that is special to you because it is your spot to talk with, pray, read God’s Word. and meditate on these things? You should. Hopefully you get to your cell on a daily basis. We need it, and God desires this from us!

Jesus often went to be alone with God:

Luke 5:16
16 So He Himself often withdrew into the wilderness and prayed.

In the bible our cell is called our prayer room:

Matthew 6:6
6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

Time alone with God is essential for a follower of Jesus. Do not neglect it. Find your place and get there daily, for God is our source of strength, comfort, and salvation. Our heavenly Father desires time with His children and we should desire that time with the Father!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1184 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 6:20:56 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

True Freedom is in God alone!

We enjoy freedom in the United States but with the devil roaming around trying to destroy us with temptation which we often fall for and thus sin we don not have true freedom. True freedom can only be found in Jesus Christ!

Thomas Kempis said: “No liberty is true and no joy is genuine unless it is founded in the fear of the Lord and a good conscience.”

So do you have true freedom this day? You can! Call upon Jesus and live for the Lord! Freedom in the Lord brings true joy!

Galatians 5:1
For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

2 Corinthians 3:17
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

John 8:32
32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Thank you Jesus for the freedom you provided for us upon that old rugged cross. I am grateful forever and forever!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1185 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 7:07:39 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

To do list!

Many of us have a to do list so we can keep on task and get some things done each day. Have you ever though about your God to do list? We have one if we are a follower of Jesus, but are we gonna do it?

Thomas Kempis once said: “Set yourself to the things which God has commanded you to do.”

You see God has given you a to do list. Let me give you a few from the bible:

Love God:

Matthew 22:37-38
37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment.

2. Love others:

Matthew 22:39
39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’

3. Tell the good news (gospel):

Mark 16:15
15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

4. Meet needs:

Hebrews 13:16
16 But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

Now you know your to do list. Let’s get busy and be pleasing to the Lord!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1186 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:50:19 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Long Life?

We must remember we do not know what today or tomorrow will bring so we better be getting right with God now! Look what the Word says:

James 4:14
14 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.

Psalm 144:4
4 Man is like a breath; his days are like a passing shadow.

Proverbs 27:1
Do not boast about tomorrow,
for you do not know what a day may bring.

Thomas Kempis said: “I do not doubt that you would correct yourself more earnestly if you would think more of an early death than a long life.”

Amen to that. Do not put off getting right with God today! Today is the day of Salvation. Think about your future….is it with God or is it in hell??? God loves you so much He has given you a choice so make that choice now and follow Jesus!!! You won’t regret it!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1187 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:28:15 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Going to Church, happy?

Are you excited to go to church? Seriously, are you looking forward to going to church? Think about it before you answer.

Look what the David said:

Psalm 122:1
I was glad when they said to me,
“Let us go into the house of the Lord.”

We have the privilege of being able to worship the Almighty God, speak to Him through prayer, and fellowship with brothers and sisters of the faith. We should be overwhelmed and excited every time we get the chance to go to church.

If we look at the attitudes of folks going to concerts, ball games, out to eat, family events, and the likes and compare it to most folks attitudes about going to church to worship God well we should be ashamed I am afraid!

So think about yourself and think about your attitude of going to church…is God pleased or displeased? It is all in your hands to make a change if needed!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1188 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 8:17:30 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

What’s your desire?

I don’t know what your desire is but my desire is what this verse describes:

Hebrews 11:16
16 But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.

A heavenly country…a better place then this sin filled, non-God fearing, selfish, world place we live in now! When that is our desire because we have given our lives to Jesus, God says He is not ashamed to be called our God!!! That should make you want to shout!!!

God has prepared a place just for you!!! Why would we want to be any where else? Take a few moments and just think about what God has for you in heaven….mainly HIMSELF!

Thank you Lord Jesus for preparing a place for us and the promise to come get us soon! Come quickly Lord Jesus!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1189 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 10:25:53 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Nothing can!

A reminder of something very important:

Romans 8:38-39
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Nothing can separate you from the love of God!!! Nothing!!!!

Think about that for a while!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1190 Posted : Wednesday, October 04, 2017 6:09:30 PM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

True Satisfaction.

Thomas Kempis once said: “Wherever You are, wherever you go, you are miserable unless you turn to God.”

How true that is! You may even fool yourself into think something in this world will bring you true satisfaction in life but God designed you and He designed you in such a way that without Him there is no satisfaction!

God in your life is the ultimate satisfaction! If you are a follower of Jesus you already know this, if you are not, then you need to heed the word of God and follow now!

▪ Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.” (John 6:35)
▪ For he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things. (Psalm 107:9)
▪ The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the Lord! May your hearts live forever! (Psalm 22:26)
▪ In your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. (Psalm 16:11)

Thank you Lord for being my satisfaction!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1191 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 8:42:48 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

You got things straight?

Jim Elliot once said: “It is dangerous to get the cart before the horse, but it is essential in God’s program to get the heart before the course.”

For those who think faithful attendance to the Lord’s house is optional you better read you bible and think again. Jesus did not establish the church for nothing!

Psalm 84
The Blessedness of Dwelling in the House of God

How lovely is Your tabernacle,
O Lord of hosts!
My soul longs, yes, even faints
For the courts of the Lord;
My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
Even the sparrow has found a home,
And the swallow a nest for herself,
Where she may lay her young—
Even Your altars, O Lord of hosts,
My King and my God.
Blessed are those who dwell in Your house;
They will still be praising You. Selah
Blessed is the man whose strength is in You,
Whose heart is set on pilgrimage.
As they pass through the Valley of Baca,
They make it a spring;
The rain also covers it with pools.
They go from strength to strength;
Each one appears before God in Zion.[b]
O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer;
Give ear, O God of Jacob! Selah
O God, behold our shield,
And look upon the face of Your anointed.
For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
Than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
The Lord will give grace and glory;
No good thing will He withhold
From those who walk uprightly.
O Lord of hosts,
Blessed is the man who trusts in You!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1192 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 3:21:13 PM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Do you look for what pleases the body or the soul?

Interesting question isn’t it? Think on it for a bit though.

Thomas Kempis said: “The saints of God and all devout friends of Christ did not look to what pleases the body nor to the things that are popular from time to time. Their whole hope and aim centered on the everlasting good.”

So again what about me and you? Are we looking for what pleases the flesh or what is going to please the soul which is heaven with Christ eternally?
Look at the word of God:

Matthew 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Galatians 5:16-17 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 2:11 Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul.

Let us look to God and to please Him and that will satisfy our souls! Nothing that pleases the flesh will ever match what Jesus did and can do!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1193 Posted : Monday, October 09, 2017 8:08:00 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

We are so weak!

Thomas Kempis said: “How great is the frailty of the human nature which is ever prone to evil! Today you confess your sins and tomorrow you again commit the sins which you confessed. One moment you resolve to be careful, and yet after an hour you act as though you had made no resolution.”

Ouch! Thats hits to close to home doesn’t it? It reminds me of what Paul said:

Romans 7:15
15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.

We are so weak on our own! I have good news though…we can have help and overcome!

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

That power of Christ is the Holy Spirit that dwells in each believer! In ourselves we are weak but in Jesus we can overcome all sin with the power of the Holy Spirit!

Let us be overcomes this day!!! Thank you Holy Spirit for providing all the power we need if we will just surrender to you!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1194 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:06:48 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Do you fear death?

Thomas Kempis had some interesting words on this subject: “In every deed and every thought, act as though you were to die this very day. If you had a good conscience you would not fear death very much.”

When one is right with God, there is no need to fear death but rather anticipate our heavenly home with God Himself! Oh what a day that will be!

Put your faith in Jesus and follow Him as Lord and the fear of death will diminish as we can then say as the Bible says:

1 Corinthians 15:54-55
54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
“O Death, where is your sting?
O Hades, where is your victory?”

Don’t fear death, follow Jesus and know where your eternity will be with confidence!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1195 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 6:59:26 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

God shares His heart!

God is so plain and simple with us but yet sometimes we still miss what He says! Atlas I know I do. This simple little verse in proverbs reveals much to us…don’t miss it!

Proverbs 1:23New Living Translation (NLT)
Come and listen to my counsel.
I’ll share my heart with you
and make you wise.

God’s word says here:

Listen!- Come to God and listen after all He is God!
God will share His heart with you.- The Bible is God’s love letter to us. Ultimately leading to sending Jesus to die your our sins so we can be made right before God if we follow Jesus!
God will make you wise!- If you obey Him.

Oh what an awesome God who is personal, loving, kind, merciful, grace giving, forgiving, and good!

Listen to God’s heart, He loves you and wants whats best for you!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1196 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:47:19 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

My God has got me!

For those who have put their faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, just a reminder that our God has got us and we have nothing to worry about!

Psalm 94:18-19
18 If I say, “My foot slips,”
Your mercy, O Lord, will hold me up.

19 In the multitude of my anxieties within me,
Your comforts delight my soul.

Jesus has got our back! Trust Him! In His great mercy, grace, and forgiveness He comforts so we can have delight in our souls. That should bring a smile to your face!

If you are not a follower of Jesus, you can be! Call on Him right now to be your Lord and Savior! If you need some assistance feel free to call on me anytime. I would love to help you all I can!

God’s got me! How about you???

Tom
preachermantom  
#1197 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 8:05:32 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

You are not trustworthy!

In and of ourselves we can not rely on our fleshly selves! We are sinners that can only be saved by the grace of God! So who do we trust in?

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;

6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

God and His Word are the only trustworthy sources we have! So that is where we must go and then we may also go to those whom have spent a great deal of time with God and His Word for advice but even then we must always revert back to the Word to make sure that advice is correct!

These are some of the most valuable Words in scripture!!! I like to see them often for a reminder! To make it simple remember this for yourself…I know nothing and God knows it all! I am going with God in all things!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1198 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 10:48:13 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Studying?

2 Timothy 2:15
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Do you know your bible well? When folks ask you fairly simple questions can you answer them with ease. Do you understand what the Word of God says? All these can be done if we are in the Word, studying it, meditating on it, being in a good bible believing church where we can learn from good bible teachers, and……to learn the Word well we must be under the leading of the Holy Spirit so we can have the deeper things of the bible revealed to us by God Himself!

So are you studying the Word? You need to be!

Tom
preachermantom  
#1199 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:53:05 AM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Are you giving like God says?

Are you? It really is pretty simple. Read this verse first:

Proverbs 3:9-10

9 Honor the Lord with your possessions,
And with the firstfruits of all your increase;

10 So your barns will be filled with plenty,
And your vats will overflow with new wine.

Here is how it works…when you make money, (firstfuits), you give a portion back to God and His church for His purposes. All you have is God’s anyway! A good place to start is 10%. So if you make $100 you give $10 at a minimum.

Verse 10 you need to very careful in how you take it in. It is not saying you will be rich! Although God may bless you with much, He then expects you to give even more!!! What this verse is saying is God will meet your needs not your wants!

Let me say this…you can’t out give God. God expects us to give back to Him. Do a study on it yourself and see!!! The work of the church can not be done without faithful givers and if you are a follower of Jesus you are to be a faithful giver!

So are you giving like God says? Sometimes it is also a test of faith when things are tight in the budget! Are you being faithful?

Tom
preachermantom  
#1200 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 2:22:11 PM(UTC)
preachermantom

United States

Do you delight in the Word?

Psalm 1:1-2

1 Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.

If you are a follower of Jesus, I hope and pray that you have a love for the Word! Our guide book for life. The truth so we know what is pleasing to God!

Make sure you don’t miss a few things from these verses.

God will not bless you if you:

a. take counsel from the ungodly
b. take the same path as a sinner
c. sit in the seat of the scornful (belief that God is worthless)

2. Delight in God’s Word (law) and meditate on it throghout the
day and night and BE BLESSED!

This should not be a hard choice so let me ask you….Do you read God’s Word everyday and think on it?

Tom